This years pickup dates are April 24th and May 1st.
Interested in learning how to raise chickens?
This class covers everything you need to know about raising chickens, biosecurity, predators, diet, coops, breeds, equipment, egg production, winter and cold weather, costs and much more!
Local, experienced, and knowledgeable poultry expert from our partner at Fulenwider Farms teaches this class.
Classes held at Wardle Feed and Pet Supply, located at 7610 W 42nd Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033. There is also an online live stream available (a link will be emailed to you before the class starts).
$20 per person, children under 16 are free with paying adult.
Registration: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Important Information – COVID-19
Dear Wardle Customers,
In light of the current situation and orders by the Governor, please note the following important information:
- HOURS: We are OPEN but our hours have changed to – 9 am to 4:30 pm M-F and 9 to 4 on Sat., Closed on Sunday.
- SAFETY: Please do not come inside the store if you have a fever or any flu symptoms. We will gladly take your order over the phone and bring it to your car – call us at 303-424-6455. Also, please honor the physical distancing recommendations of 6 feet while you are in the store.
- CHICKENS: We have sold an extremely large amount of chickens and our hatchery is doing all they can do to keep up. Until recently, we were always able to keep plenty of birds in the store. Please feel free to call ahead to make sure we have what you want in stock before you drive down. We sell both baby chicks and pullets. If you are new to backyard chickens, please note that babies need to be indoors the first 12 weeks and it may take 6 to 9 months before you will get eggs from babies. And there is an average of 10% loss with babies so buy an extra bird or two just in case. Pullets are birds that are fully feathered out and about 12 weeks old or older, so they will be laying a little sooner.
- CLASSES: We offer a BACKYARD CHICKEN KEEPING AND BIOSECURITY class twice a month. These classes are now online only. The class usually takes about two hours and is well worth your time, especially if you are new to chickens. You can sign up on line.
- FEED: Our suppliers are telling us they have enough feed. Since we pick up truckloads at a time, we have only been short when we are not able to get our trucks out to get the loads.
- ESSENTIAL SERVICES – ANIMAL FEEDS: The shelter in place orders ALLOW FOR TRAVEL to obtain pet supplies and livestock feeds. You are allowed to make sure that you animals have feed.
To confirm what you can travel for from your locale, click on the links below:
- State of Colorado https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O1EDCY6-A6QBKxzDImCSF8bBBdOOI3Km/view
- Jefferson County:
- Denver City & County:
- Arapahoe County:
- Boulder County:
- Adams County:
- Douglas County:
Baby chicks, pullets, laying hens, and ducks are available for sale! Please call us for an active inventory or stop by the store, as availability is changing frequently and uncertainly.
Our supplier is working hard to keep us stocked with the poultry you want.
*NOTE: PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LARGE BOX, CONTAINER, OR KENNEL IF YOU ARE PURCHASING PULLETS OR LAYING HENS. WE ARE OUT OF BOXES.
Our new video series covers the following topics:
- Getting Started with Backyard Chickens
- Feeding and Watering Tips for Backyard Chickens
- Equipment Needed to Raise Backyard Chickens
- Backyard Chicken Health
Keep your animals safe from predators and the elements with one of our animal housing units.
We carry a variety of housing products:
- Coops and welded wire pens for poultry.
- Crates and welded wire pens for dogs.
- Hutches for rabbits.
- Pens for goats.